Dennis Trippe Turner, DDS
Inscription and Notes:
A native of Eatonton, Georgia
Dennis Trippe Turner
Dennis Trippe Turner was a beloved dentist in Middle Georgia. Born in Eatonton, he was graduated from Southern Dental College, now Emory University, in Atlanta in 1908. He practiced in Tampico, Mexico, Eatonton and Sparta before opening his office in Milledgeville in 1926. He received the H. H. Johnson Memorial Trophy for “the most outstanding service to his profession and his community” in 1956. He was at one time president of the dental society and gave lectures and clinics at Emory University and at the state dental convention, and he was a pioneer in the development of the hydrocoloid technique in casting for crown and bridge work. He was a member of many scientific bodies including the Federation Dentaire Internationale, headquartered in London, England. He was also active in community affairs. He had two loves in his life: his family and his profession.
Source: Frances Turner Thornton, daughter of Dennis T. Turner, Sr. and Eloise Rozier Turner and sister of William L. Turner, Dennis T. Turner, Jr., and Edward Rozier Turner.